angry phone
he bites the air in the room, chewing it,
spitting out sharp words.
the mirth is gone from his voice and I know I am at the end of it,
his patience.
I give the whine of a guilty puppy
and curl up around my hand.
but I know I am wrong
and no amount of pity can be wrung from the receiver.
it is cold and hard,
small and plastic and full of diodes
and numbers that don't answer.
spitting out sharp words.
the mirth is gone from his voice and I know I am at the end of it,
his patience.
I give the whine of a guilty puppy
and curl up around my hand.
but I know I am wrong
and no amount of pity can be wrung from the receiver.
it is cold and hard,
small and plastic and full of diodes
and numbers that don't answer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home